If you’ve found this website, I know you want the best for your pets. But separating good information from internet hype is a challenge for all of us. Natural Pets HQ is here to help.
Hi, I’m TB Thompson DVM. I’ve been a licensed, practicing small animal veterinarian for over 20 years.
After graduating from the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, I practiced straight-up conventional veterinary medicine. Like so many of my colleagues, I became frustrated that the biggest tools I had were basically surgery, steroids, and antibiotics. There were so many animals with chronic conditions that I couldn’t really help.
I’ve always been interested in what the natural world has to offer humans and animals to support our healthy bodies. I’ve spent hundreds of hours learning about Chinese herbs, acupuncture, food therapy and homeopathy. I believe these alternative approaches help me see aspects of pet health that I overlooked in the past.
At the same time, there is a lot of misinformation about natural and conventional veterinary medicine. My goal is to present a balanced and truthful version of what is currently known.
Natural pet care–without the hype.
View my profile on LinkedIN
Diplomas, Certifications and Advanced Training
- Ball State University – Bachelor of Fine Arts
- University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine – Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Chi Institute – Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist
- Chi Institute – Professional Courses in Chinese Herbal Medicine, Food Therapy, and Tui-na
- American Medical College of Homeopathy – Acute Care Program
- Pitcairn Institute of Veterinary Homeopathy – Professional Course in Veterinary Homeopathy
Dr. Thompson’s Writing Also Appears On
Natural Pets HQ encourages you to adopt pets from local shelters. If you’re not ready to adopt, why not give a charitable contribution to the animal rescue of your choice? ASPCA is a national animal rescue. NPHQ regularly donates to ASPCA and local animal rescues. Click on the graphic below if you’d like to support ASPCA.